Perfect for couples although this is one Viking cruise you can share with your best couple buddies as the boats can cater for up to 8 people. These self-driving motor boats will take you up and down the River Ouse, where you can follow the same path the Vikings took when they invaded in 866.
Glide on by the walls of York, underneath the Millennium Bridge, and follow the tranquil old towpaths by boat. Indulge in this romantic setting for special events – such as anniversaries, date days or date nights away!
The self-drive boats in York are available daily between 12th February and 20th November. A returnable security bond of Min. £40 is required for all hires and must be paid by card or cash upon arrival at the landing.
What should I expect?
✓ You’ll have up to an hour to explore the river and make some Instagram-worthy memories
✓ Full instructions, safety brief & life jackets provided
✓ Available most days of the year
- The self-drive boat hire in York is available daily from 12th February-20th November.
- Please allow 3 days in advance when booking this experience. Walk ups will not be accepted.
On the Day
- Where you’ll meet: The Self-Drive Hire Point at King’s Staith, York YO1 9RZ
- Have your tickets ready before you board.
- Then get ready for your adventure down the River Ouse with your mates or dates!
- A returnable security bond of Min. £40 is required for all hires and must be paid by card or cash upon arrival at the landing. Failure to comply with T&Cs and the rules of the river could result in the loss of the security bond.
- Minimum age: 18 years
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Looking for accommodation? Check out the ‘Where to stay’ tab for our recommendations. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
E-vouchers are FREE and sent directly to your inbox after purchase. You can also purchase a gift voucher box for £3.50 at checkout. Delivery is approximately 3-5 working days.
Where to Stay
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 3 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Option 1 : Malmaison, York
- Just a stones’ throw away from your river cruise experience.
- In the heart of York City Centre.
- A stunning rooftop bar with fabulous view of York Minster.
- You couldn’t be closer to all of York’s main bars, restaurants and attractions!
- Parking available nearby to the hotel (rates apply).
Option 2 : Roomzzz Aparthotel York City
- A 12-minute stroll to your cruise experience.
- Riverside location, beautiful walks into the centre from the hotel.
- Aparthotel with full kitchenette.
- Choose between a range of stunning aparthotels with features such as rainfall showers, heated floors, balcony and river views.
- Complimentary ‘Grab & Go’ breakfast available, as well as on site gym and coffee shop.
- 16 minutes’ walk from York Station, 8 minutes’ walk to Cliffords Tower, 14 minutes’ walk to The Shambles.
- Limited parking available (rates apply).
Option 3 – The Masons Arms
- This is ideal for couples who are looking for great value for money accommodation, nearby to their experience.
- Traditional pub located just a 9-minute walk away from the start of your experience, in the centre of York.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.