If you love food and are looking for a tranquil date day with your loved one, then the York food tour is for you. Enjoy a guided tour around the beautiful historic town of York. You will visit five of their greatest independents in the thriving food scene and taste wonderful food. Each of the stops are carefully chosen for the excellent food and their passion behind the service.
You will be accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide, who will help you discover the stories behind the food and will provide insight into the history of this beloved town, including architectural sights and local history. Why have lunch in just one place, when you can experience five of the best. This is a great way to spend your date afternoon with your loved one, tasting and discovering tasty delights in York.
What should I expect?
✓ 2.5 hours food tour with easy walks, 10-15 mins between tastings
- This experience is available to book Fridays and Sundays all year round.
- Exclusions may apply and all dates are subject to availability.
- 2 hours 30 minutes for the full tour.
- What to bring? A camera, a smile and dress for the weather.
- Gentle walking is involved and there are some steps on your stroll.
What to Wear
- Please dress weather appropriate. Whilst you will be inside the venues, you will be exposed to the elements in between tasting the scrumptious food! We recommend you wear comfortable shoes for light walking.
- Parking- York, there are signposted parking areas but it is easily accessed by public transport, as the train station is very central.
- Tours are appropriate for teenagers and above.
- Please advise of any mobility issues prior to the walk so routes can be adjusted. Not all routes are wheelchair accessible.
- For guests that are hard of hearing, please inform our experience partner at the time of booking and we can provide written scripts of the narration.
- At present, the tours are only provided in English language only.
- If you have any dietary requirements please inform our experience partner before you arrive.
- Only one of the tour stops includes alcohol. Please let your guide know if you do not drink alcohol.
- Tours will go ahead come rain or shine and we request you come prepared for walking between venues.
- You may book an additional voucher and book as a group with multiple Date Night Away vouchers, subject to availability.
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Looking for accommodation? Check out the ‘Where to stay’ tab for our recommendations. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
E-vouchers are FREE and sent directly to your inbox after purchase. You can also purchase a gift voucher box for £3.50 at checkout. Delivery is approximately 3-5 working days.
Where to Stay
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 3 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Option 1 : Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
- A 2-minute walk away from York Art Gallery, where your tour will start.
- In the heart of York. Enjoy York’s culture and appreciate the views of York Minster which is directly opposite the hotel.
- You couldn’t be closer to all of York’s main bars, restaurants and attractions!
- Dean Court Hotel Restaurant has York Minster itself as a backdrop.
- 4AA Star Hotel, full of personality, character and charm.
- Parking available nearby to the hotel (rates apply).
Option 2 : Roomzzz Aparthotel York City
- A short taxi journey into the other side of the centre, where your experience starts, or around a 20 minute stroll.
- Riverside location, beautiful walks into the centre from the hotel.
- Aparthotel with full kitchenette.
- Choose between a range of stunning aparthotels with features such as rainfall showers, heated floors, balcony and river views.
- Complimentary ‘Grab & Go’ breakfast available, as well as on site gym and coffee shop.
- 16 minutes’ walk from York Station, 8 minutes’ walk to Cliffords Tower, 14 minutes’ walk to The Shambles.
- Limited parking available (rates apply).
Option 3 – The Masons Arms
- This is ideal for couples who are looking for great value for money accommodation, nearby to their experience.
- Traditional pub located just a 16-minute walk away from the start of your experience, in the centre of York.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.