Whether you travel with friends or your significant other, you are bound to fully enjoy this sweet and savoury afternoon tea at the Merewood Country House Hotel in Windermere, The Lake District. Roaring fires will greet you in winter, while beautiful grounds invite you in summer.
This stately hotel contains all the appropriate character needed to create an idyllic and picturesque backdrop to a traditional English Tea.
Set on the edge of the spectacular Lake Windermere, this afternoon tea may be taken on the terrace in clement weather. The tea itself may be replaced for another drink of your choice. There are savoury delights such as sausage rolls and sandwiches, quiches, and other treats.
There are sweet treats too, including all the scones, jam, and cream you might expect. There will be tiffin, tea blends, and coffee or hot chocolate as you see fit.
The cakes are homemade and the view is to die for… not to mention the cosy warmth of those roaring fires. Need further convincing? See this video of afternoon tea at the Merewood and you might just lose the ability to.
What should I expect?
✓ A delightful menu including mini fish and chips
✓ Merewood Country House Hotel is an AA 4 star rated hotel and winner of the Traveller’s choice awards via Trip Advisor. The hotel has won awards for its menus and for excellence in accommodation
✓ Available 7 days a week
✓ Picturesque views of the Lake District Countryside
- This exemplary afternoon tea is available from 2.30pm to 5pm each afternoon.
- The Merewood Country House Hotel requires a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. The proprietors warn that the afternoon teas here are increasingly popular. That 24 hours’ notice may not be enough to secure your spot and booking is essential to be seated.
What to Wear
- Afternoon Tea at Merewood is a wholesome affair. You can wear anything from smart casual attire to your best day dress or suit. Those wearing sports shoes might feel a little under dressed. The formal dress code is casual.
- You may book an additional Date Night Away voucher to book as a group of 4. These must be purchased as two separate purchases, you may book together.
- The seating areas cover the bar, the restaurant lounges, and a terrace which overlooks the great lake. To get to the venue, the nearest train station is Windermere station.
- This location is child friendly, even offering a defined children’s afternoon tea.
- There is limited disabled access to parts of the hotel, but all are free to enjoy this special date.
- This afternoon tea location is fully pet friendly.
- Merewood Country House Hotel catering team are capable of creating menus to suit your diet. However, letting them know in advance at the point of booking will help ensure they meet those requirements on your behalf.
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Looking for accommodation? Check out the ‘Where to stay’ tab for our recommendations. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
E-vouchers are FREE and sent directly to your inbox after purchase. You can also purchase a gift voucher box for £3.50 at checkout. Delivery is approximately 3-5 working days.
Where to Stay
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We usually compare different unique locations, however for this particular experience, there is only one recommendation and that is the fabulous Merewood Country House Hotel itself.
- Merewood Country House Hotel is an AA 4 star rated hotel and winner of the Traveller’s choice awards via Trip Advisor. The hotel has won awards for its menus, its role in the wedding industry, and for excellence in accommodation.
- If you enjoyed the afternoon tea, you’ll want to try the taster menu at the Arboreal restaurant. It is a real top up treat.
- Idyllic scenic views, overlooking Lake Windermere.
- It’s a pet-friendly hotel with parking on site.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.