Looking to shake up your usual date night or catch up with a friend? This pottery experience in Birmingham is perfect to add some extra spice – replace traditional date tactics, like splashing out on an expensive evening and take the Couples Pottery-throwing Challenge instead!
The experienced potter will show you the basics before sitting you at the same wheel and sending you off to do some competitive and collaborative pottery throwing.
Not as easy as it sounds … you’ll need to work together, which can be a challenge for some. Take it up a notch and put on a blindfold to make it even trickier! Once you’ve enjoyed your wheel-throwing experience, you will pick your best two pieces to be fired, glazed, and ready to collect at a later date.
Your booking is private with sole occupancy of the studio – no potting about with people you’ve never met before! It’s just you, your plus one; the potter and some mud that we sling on the pottery wheel. The price is for two people.
What should I expect?
✓ Pottery Experience in Birmingham for Two – Learn how to ‘throw’ with a pottery wheel
✓ Sole occupancy of the studio – just you and your plus one
✓ Your items will be glazed and fired, allowing you to collect your wonderful creations
✓ Work together to make shapes on the wheel
- Time slots are 11-12pm. 1-2pm & 3-4pm. Please note that this is subject to availability. When booking, please request your preferred times & dates as soon as possible.
- You may contact us beforehand, to check availability, if required.
- All bookings require a minimum of 48 hours’ notice from purchase.
- Once your booking is confirmed, cancellations will not receive any refund as the potter will have prepared in advance for your booking. If the potter has to cancel, we will aim to give you as much notice as possible and you will be offered another date or e-voucher.
On the Day
- This experience is for 1 hour and it is recommended that you arrive 10 minutes prior to avoid delays.
What to Wear
- Pottery making is a messy business, so wear comfortable clothing and shoes you don’t mind getting dirty. An apron will be provided to wear over your clothes.
LATE ARRIVAL & NO SHOW
Because your booking is private, you must arrive on time to fully participate in the experience. If you arrive more than 20-minutes late without directly calling, your experience will be cancelled. Not showing up for your activity will automatically void your booking experience.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Tribe Pottery takes a diligent approach to health and safety for the sake of all staff and users. Members of the public use the Studio at their own risk with awareness of the inherent hazards of a Studio environment; which include but are not limited to use of sharp tools and sharp edges, and the dangers of using materials and equipment. All tools and equipment used at your own risk, the Studio does not accept any responsibility or liability to any damage or personal injury.
CLAY HEALTH & SAFETY
Clay, in its moist form poses no health and safety issues whatsoever. The clay used in the Studio is non-toxic and does not stain. All glazes used are lead-free. An apron must be worn in the studio to avoid clothes getting soiled – apron supplied. Cut long nails down to a short length and tie long hair up, away from face. Long nails can get caught in the clay, which will interfere with your experience.
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Looking for accommodation? Check out the ‘Where to stay’ tab for our recommendations. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
E-vouchers are FREE and sent directly to your inbox after purchase. You can also purchase a gift voucher box for £3.50 at checkout. Delivery is approximately 3-5 working days.
Where to Stay
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding beautiful, highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 3 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Option 1 : Edgbaston Park Hotel
- Just a 10 minutes’ drive from your pottery experience.
- A great location, sandwiched in between your experience location, and the centre of Birmingham. It’s also just 10 minutes’ from the centre.
- Stylish Bar & Restaurant on site. If you’re a gin lover – you’re in luck, with over 60 different gins to choose from!
- Luxurious rooms, set in beautiful grounds.
- Free parking available
Option 1 : Staying Cool at Rotunda
- This pick is ideal for those looking for a central location. It’s around 17 minutes’ from your pottery experience.
- Luxury aparthotels in the heart of Birmingham – Selfridges will be your corner shop.
- Stay at the top of the iconic Rotunda and enjoy spectacular city views.
- Each apartment has floor-to-ceiling glass windows and penthouses even have their own private balconies.
- Each apartment is carefully appointed with bespoke designer furniture, kitchenette, espresso maker and king sized beds.
Option 3 – easyHotel Birmingham City Centre
- This is ideal for couples who are looking for a great value for money hotel nearby to their experience.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.