Potion Making at The Cauldron in Edinburgh is a social-distance friendly, immersive class where you step into the imagined worlds of your childhood through molecular mixology, science & technology.
Spell Casting 101: After receiving a magic wand you cast a pouring spell with your wand to receive a welcome drink from the Divination Fountain, and are then led to an interactive work station where you will brew 2 interactive drinks.
Potion Making: You then choose two potions to brew from the range of molecular cocktails, each of which have different traits and effects. The interactive drink menu is regularly updated and additional drinks can be purchased during your visit.
All potions can be made with or without alcohol and there is a range of vegan and gluten-free drinks available.
What should I expect?
✓ A welcome drink each that you pour (beer, mixed cocktail, or mocktail)
✓ Two molecular cocktails that you brew
✓ 1hr 45min interactive experience
✓ Available Wednesdays-Sundays
- We recommend booking a minimum of one week in advance to confirm your booking.
- There will be an added surcharge for super peak times, payable directly to The Cauldron.
- You may book additional Date Night Away vouchers to book as a group, subject to availability.
On the Day
- Your interactive experience will last 1hr 45 mins
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your allocated time
- All potions can be made with or without alcohol and we have a range of vegan and gluten-free drinks available.
- All Adult Potion Making tickets are valid for persons of legal drinking age and above that age of 18+. Valid photo ID may be required upon entry.
- The Cauldron Edinburgh is located in a basement space and down a flight of stairs, and is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible.
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Looking for accommodation? Check out the ‘Where to stay’ tab for our recommendations. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
E-vouchers are FREE and sent directly to your inbox after purchase. You can also purchase a gift voucher box for £3.50 at checkout. Delivery is approximately 3-5 working days.
Where to Stay
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 3 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Option 1 : The Glasshouse Hotel
- 14 minutes’ walk from your experience.
- Stunning 5-star hotel in the heart of Edinburgh.
- Snug Lounge with open fire pit and direct access to roof-top garden.
- Five-star amenities, from luxurious bedding, full air-conditioning, heated bathroom floors, iPod docking stations, flat-screen TVs, complimentary fibre-optic Wi-Fi and stocked minibar.
Option 2 : Wilde Aparthotels by Staycity, Grassmarket
- 14 minutes’ stroll from your experience.
- Stunning aparthotels in the centre of Edinburgh.
- Luxury ameneties such as Nespresso coffee machines, 43-inch Smart TV’s, Hypnoss matresses and Grohe rainfall showers.
- Fantastic location and on the doorstep of Edinburgh Castle.
Option 3 – YOTEL Edinburgh
- This is ideal for couples who are looking for a great value for money hotel nearby to their experience.
- Just a 5-minute walk from your magical experience.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.