The Magic Wand Experience at the Wands & Wizard Exploratorium is a BRAND NEW interactive retail experience unlike any other in existence. Step into the imagined worlds from your childhood to design and construct your own working, illuminated magic wand and bring it to life through the magic of science.
Enter the Wandmaker’s Workshop: At the time of your booking you will be led up the many floors of the hundreds-year-old pink townhouse to the Wandmaker’s Workshop in the attic of the Wands & Wizard Exploratorium.
Design & Construct: Your magic wand should be unique to you, and so you will assemble your wand through a series of choices around wand components, such as magic wand wood, magical core, wand handle, and wand shaft. All-in-all there are over 280 possible combinations of wands. Which will you choose?
Once constructed, the Wandmaker will guide you through using your wand through initial spellcasting in preparation for advanced magic!
What should I expect?
✓ 1 complete magic wand creation to take home
✓ For one person – spectators allowed
✓ 30 minutes interactive experience
✓ Find your unique wand, with over 280 possibilities!
✓ Available Friday-Sundays
- We recommend booking a minimum of one week in advance to confirm your booking.
- You may book additional Date Night Away vouchers to book as a group, subject to availability.
On the Day
- Allow 30 minutes for your interactive experience.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your allocated time.
- Optional Add-ons: For the adult witch or wizard, add on a glass of prosecco or cocktail to your Magic Wand Experience when you arrive.
- Space, Lighting and Sound: This experience takes place in an enclosed space with flashing and low lighting levels, wind, smoke, and (at times) loud sounds.
- The Wizard Exploratorium is a converted townhouse that is several hundred years old and unfortunately there is no disabled access. The Wizard Exploratorium does not have baby changing facilities. Pushchairs are not permitted in the experiences but can be left collapsed on the ground floor.
- Maker/Assistant: One ticket will allow one maker and one assistant. At least one of these people must be aged 12 or above. The assistant of the maker may not build a magic wand when accompanying the maker.
- Wand Refunds: Custom magic wands are non-refundable. Wands are delicate objects and may break if mistreated, dropped, or whacked aggressively.
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Looking for accommodation? Check out the ‘Where to stay’ tab for our recommendations. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
E-vouchers are FREE and sent directly to your inbox after purchase. You can also purchase a gift voucher box for £3.50 at checkout. Delivery is approximately 3-5 working days.
Where to Stay
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 3 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Option 1 : Wilde Aparthotels by Staycity Covent Garden
- Just a 4 minutes’ walk from your afternoon tea experience.
- Inspired by the fantastic Oscar Wilde, Wilde Aparthotels is Staycity’s new premium brand.
- This luxury aparthotel offers the perfect blend of home and hotel – with extra luxury and facilities.
- Superb location on the Strand, London
- These beautifully designed aparthotels include smart TV’s, touch screen controls, Nespresso machines, Hypnos mattresses and Grohe rainfall showers.
- Nearest Underground stations are Covent Garden (Piccadilly line), Charing Cross (Northern and Bakerloo lines), and Embankment (District and Circle lines).
Option 2 : The Hoxton, Holborn
- Approx. 11 minutes’ walk to your experience.
- 2 minutes away from Holborn Tube Station
- Highly rated 4 star hotel which boasts a cool, industrial-chic vibe.
- Perfectly located a stone’s throw away from London’s West End, Oxford Street and Covent Garden.
- Offers a fantastic wine, cocktail and coffee menu in the restaurant, which is available all day.
Option 3 – Point A Hotel London Kings Cross – St Pancras
- This is ideal for couples who are looking for a great value for money hotel nearby to their experience.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.