If you love food and are looking for a tranquil date day with your loved one, then the Harrogate Food Tour is for you. Enjoy a guided tour around the beautiful spa town of Harrogate. You will visit five of their greatest independents in the thriving food scene and taste wonderful food. Each of the stops are carefully chosen for the excellent food and their passion behind the service.
You will be accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide, who will help you discover the stories behind the food and will provide insight into the history of this beloved town, including architectural sights and local history. Why have lunch in just one place, when you can experience five of the best. This is a great way to spend your date afternoon with your loved one, tasting and discovering Harrogate.
What should I expect?
✓ 3 hours food tour with easy walks around picturesque area
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Don’t forget, you can book a night away with your date experience. Check out the ‘Book Accommodation’ tab to find out more. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
- This experience is available to book Thursdays and Saturdays. Exclusions may apply and all dates are subject to availability.
On the Day
- Your food tour will last approximately 3 hours. It is advised to arrive 10 minutes before your start time.
- What to bring? A camera, a smile and dress for the weather.
- Your tour guide will greet you at Starling Bar Cafe Kitchen at 47 Oxford Street in Harrogate. For Thursday’s tours, please arrive at 12.30 for a prompt 12.45 pm start. For Saturday’s Tours, please arrive at 11.15 for a prompt 11.30 start. Your guide will meet you inside on the ground floor. This is our first tasting.
- You will be walking around the Montpelier Quarter of Harrogate and will end at Farrahs Olde Sweet Shoppe Parade- in Montpelier Gardens. In total you walk approximately 1.4 miles, one slight uphill section.
What to Wear
Please dress weather appropriate. Whilst you will be inside the venues, you will be exposed to the elements in between tasting the scrumptious food! We recommend you wear comfortable shoes for light walking.
- Parking- Harrogate there is plenty of parking spots signposted in the town centre. The nearest is Jubilee car park.
- Tours are appropriate for teenagers and above.
- Gentle walking is involved and there are some steps.
- Please advise of any mobility issues prior to the walk so routes can be adjusted. Not all routes are wheelchair accessible.
- For guests that are hard of hearing, please inform our experience partner at the time of booking and they can provide written scripts of the narration.
- At present, the tours are only provided in English language only.
- If you have any dietary requirements please inform our experience partner before your experience.
- Only one of the tour stops includes alcohol. Please let your guide know if you do not drink alcohol.
- Tours will go ahead come rain or shine and we request you come prepared for walking between venues.
- Social distancing, face masks (see government guidance on day of tour)
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding beautiful, highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 2 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Option 1 : The Yorkshire Hotel
- Just a few minutes’ walk from the start of your tour.
- In the heart of the historic town of Harrogate, with all attractions just a short stroll away.
- Restaurant and bar on site. Scran restaurant offers an a la carte menu of contemporary British dishes and the bar serves a range of ales, spirits, wine and soft drinks.
- Overlooking The Stray, which offers over 200 acres of grassland and verges wrapped around the main urban “old town” of Harrogate.
- Elegant, Victorian 4 star hotel which boasts excellent reviews.
- Charged parking available on site.
Option 2 : Ascot House Hotel
- A 10-minute stroll from the start of your experience.
- This traditional Victorian house is now a family run boutique hotel, offering comfy and modern rooms.
- The chefs at Ascot House Hotel have over 100 years combined experience, to keep you as impressed as your food tour.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus available in the Ascot House Restaurant.
- Limited free parking on site.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.