It’s time to see what is occurring on BARRY ISLAND on the Official Gavin and Stacey Tour! This excellently reviewed tour explores the key locations from the hit TV Show, whilst you will be accompanied by an informative guide throughout this 3 hour tour experience.
The experience includes a coach trip showing on board clips of our favourite characters in the show, sing along music, episode classics and enjoy socialising with other fans on board. Included in this jam-packed tour is of course, Nessa’s fabulous arcade and tattoo parlour, Stacey’s famous street, scenes from the Christmas 2019 special and much more. The tour includes wonderful opportunities to see the sites of the island and local area as seen on our screens. You will of course, get plenty of opportunities to take photos and see the locations up close, before ending the tour on the sea front of Barry Island.
What should I expect?
✓ 3 Hours Gavin and Stacey tour including mini coach transport around the Island
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Don’t forget, you can book a night away with your date experience. Check out the ‘Book Accommodation’ tab to find out more. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
- Saturdays departing at 2.30pm (Feb – Oct)
Saturdays departing at 10.30am (Jun – Sep)
Fridays departing at 2.30pm (April – October)
Wednesdays departing at 2.30pm (in August only)
- We recommend you book at least 4 weeks in advance. All dates are subject to availability.
On the Day
- Please allow 3 hours for the full experience.
- Meet at the exit/entrance of Barry Island Station
- Meeting Point – The meeting point is outside the entrance to Barry Island Railway Station, opposite the Pleasure Park where your bus will pull up and collect you. Please note that this shouldn’t be confused with Barry station.
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of the locations visited, the tour is not accessibly for wheelchair or for people with pram/buggies.
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tours
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding beautiful, highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 3 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Barry Island is located 25 minutes from Cardiff. So, we have provided a recommendation for those wanting to stay put in Cardiff and also our top recommendation for those wanting a rural retreat.
Option 1 (Cardiff): Voco St David’s Cardiff
- Approx. 20 minutes’ drive from Barry Island.
- Luxurious 5* Hotel, located on Cardiff Bay’s Waterfront.
- Enjoy the picturesque coastal setting with panoramic views.
- The Voco St David’s has a glass fronted façade, private balconies and floor to ceiling windows.
- Relax and unwind in the Marine Spa – voted one of UK’s best.
- Sip into a cocktail at The Admiral; the on-site eclectic restaurant and bar. The Admiral serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Fabulous location on the bay, and nearby restaurants and shops.
- On-site parking (rates apply).
Option 2 (Rural): Hide Wales Walden Lodge – Cabin
- A secret, woodland cabin located on South Wales’s beautiful Heritage coast, with spectacular sea views.
- Approx. 30 minutes’ drive from your experience.
- This handcrafted cabin is nestled in the quaint village of St Donat’s on the Glamorgan coast.
- Enjoy beautiful coastal walks, picnics in the meadows or explore the nearby characterful towns and ancient woodlands.
- The lodge sleeps 4, with two double bedrooms, one with an extra single bunk. The bright studio kitchen has dining for 4 and is fully equipped.
- Local pubs, bars and restaurants nearby.
- Perfect for a quiet, relaxing getaway!
Option 3 – Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff
- This is ideal for couples who are looking for a great value for money hotel nearby to their experience.
- Located just 20 minutes’ drive from Barry Island.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.