Step into the historical city of York as you explore a cheesey extravaganza. You and your chosen guest will tuck into a cheesey take on Afternoon Tea and enjoy a bottle of wine in either the delightful Secret Garden, or the charming Speakcheesey, nestled away at Love Cheese.
Your cheese afternoon tea rack comes with 5 cheeses, Meats, Olives, Cornichons, Chutney and Haxby Bread. Complimented with a bottle of Wine to share. Meats can be swapped for more vegetarian options.
This is including a bottle of wine – click here for prosecco (£49 for two)
What should I expect?
✓ A Cheese Afternoon Tea with a Bottle of Wine for Two
- Bookings must be made with a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- This is available to book – Tues 10-5pm, Wed 10-4pm, Thur 10-5pm, Fri 10-8pm, Sat 10-8pm.
- Love Cheese will not be open for bookings between 16th December – 5th January.
- All dates are subject to availability.
- Located in Gillygate York – walking distance from many public car parks, bus routes and 8 minutes’ walk from the station.
- Some cheeses are not vegetarian friendly, so if you are vegetarian then please let Love Cheese know.
- Meats can be swapped for more vegetarian options.
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Looking for accommodation? Check out the ‘Where to stay’ tab for our recommendations. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
E-vouchers are FREE and sent directly to your inbox after purchase. You can also purchase a gift voucher box for £3.50 at checkout. Delivery is approximately 3-5 working days.
Where to Stay
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 3 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Option 1 : Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
- A 3-minute walk away from Love Cheese.
- In the heart of York. Enjoy York’s culture and appreciate the views of York Minster which is directly opposite the hotel.
- You couldn’t be closer to all of York’s main bars, restaurants and attractions!
- Dean Court Hotel Restaurant has York Minster itself as a backdrop.
- 4AA Star Hotel, full of personality, character and charm.
- Parking available nearby to the hotel (rates apply).
Option 2 : Roomzzz Aparthotel York City
- A short taxi journey into the other side of the centre, where your experience starts, or around a 22-minute stroll.
- Riverside location, beautiful walks into the centre from the hotel.
- Aparthotel with full kitchenette.
- Choose between a range of stunning aparthotels with features such as rainfall showers, heated floors, balcony and river views.
- Complimentary ‘Grab & Go’ breakfast available, as well as on site gym and coffee shop.
- 16 minutes’ walk from York Station, 8 minutes’ walk to Cliffords Tower, 14 minutes’ walk to The Shambles.
- Limited parking available (rates apply).
Option 3 – The Masons Arms
- This is ideal for couples who are looking for great value for money accommodation, nearby to their experience.
- Traditional pub located just a 17-minute walk away from the start of your experience, in the centre of York.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.