Take yourselves back to the era of the Vikings and have a go at using cold, steel Tomahawk throwing axes! This activity is perfect for couples, family or friends looking for a unique, competitive day out together. Each axe is sharpened on a regular basis, so you won’t have any excuses for missing the target…
You will engage in lots of games and competitions throughout your activity, with qualified instructors ensuring everybody is kept well entertained!
What should I expect?
✓ 1 hour Axe Throwing Experience in York for Two
✓ Suitable for beginners
✓ Delivered by highly experienced instructors
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Don’t forget, you can book a night away with your date experience. Check out the ‘Book Accommodation’ tab to find out more. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
On the Day
- Please allow 1 hour for your full experience.
- There will be a safety briefing beforehand.
- This activity is outdoors.
What to Wear
- This activity is outdoors so dress for the weather!
- Suitable for beginners, no experience necessary.
- The axe’s are heavy, but you will be taught different ways to throw them successfully.
- There is plenty of parking at this location.
- You can book as a group, simply purchase through Date Night Away separately then redeem with our experience partner at the same time upon booking.
- Minimum age is 12 years.
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding beautiful, highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 3 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Option 1 : Malmaison, York
- A 15-minute drive from Yorkshire Acivity Centre.
- In the heart of York City Centre.
- A stunning rooftop bar with fabulous view of York Minster.
- You couldn’t be closer to all of York’s main bars, restaurants and attractions!
- Parking available nearby to the hotel (rates apply).
Option 2 : Roomzzz Aparthotel York City
- 15 minutes’ drive from your experience.
- A short taxi journey into the other side of the centre, or a 22-minute walk.
- Riverside location, beautiful walks into the centre from the hotel.
- Aparthotel with full kitchenette.
- Choose between a range of stunning aparthotels with features such as rainfall showers, heated floors, balcony and river views.
- Complimentary ‘Grab & Go’ breakfast available, as well as on site gym and coffee shop.
- 16 minutes’ walk from York Station, 8 minutes’ walk to Cliffords Tower, 14 minutes’ walk to The Shambles.
- Limited parking available (rates apply).
Option 3 – The Masons Arms
- This is ideal for couples who are looking for great value for money accommodation, nearby to their experience.
- Traditional pub located just a 15-minute drive away from the start of your experience, in the centre of York.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.