Looking for an interesting afternoon date in an impressively beautiful location in The Lake District? The Briery Wood Country House Hotel is a stylish option. The house itself is gorgeous, built from stone and one time finalist in the Best Small Hotel of the Year competition. It looks every inch the gentile country manor, ideal for an overnight stay after your high tea.
Tuck into the ‘Tale of Briery Wood’, a delicious and enchanting afternoon tea, inspired by the Beatrix Potter. Choose a savoury snack selection in sandwich form or with cheesy goodness. Enjoy some pork rolls or some Welsh rarebit… which is absolutely not just cheese on toast.
Next, choose a selection of sweet dishes such as blackberry pannacotta, English scones, cream, and jam, to a rich chocolate dessert. There are so many options for food and choice, with so many drinks you could have.
Click here to view the sample menu
What should I expect?
✓ Afternoon tea at the Briery Wood Country House Hotel costs only £24.95 per person and is worth every single ha’penny
✓ You get unlimited tea, coffee, or loose leaf teas with your snacks
✓ Enchanting Beatrix Potter inspired themed afternoon tea
✓ The chocolate mousse is served in a plant pot, which is both a highlight and very disconcerting at the same time
✓ The hotel has 7 acres of woodland and gardens to explore should you wish a romantic walk
✓ The Briery has 2 AA rosettes for culinary excellence and uses local produce whenever they can
✓ Available 7 days a week
- This exemplary afternoon tea is available from 2pm to 5pm each afternoon.
- Briery Wood Country House Hotel requires a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. 24 hours’ notice may not be enough to secure your spot and booking in advance is essential to be seated.
What to Wear
- The dress code for afternoon tea is similar to the dress code for a brunch. You want to dress casually, but not so casually that you would be mistaken for heading out to play some golf. You can wear smart casual to be sure, or you can wear a pretty dress or a handsome suit. Anything goes, but it you turn up in last Halloween’s ghost costumer you will likely get a few looks.
- You may book an additional Date Night Away voucher to book as a group of 4. These must be purchased as two separate purchases, you may book together.
- Briery Wood catering team are capable of creating menus to suit your diet. However, letting them know in advance at the point of booking will help ensure they meet those requirements on your behalf.
- Pet friendly and parking is available on site.
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Looking for accommodation? Check out the ‘Where to stay’ tab for our recommendations. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
E-vouchers are FREE and sent directly to your inbox after purchase. You can also purchase a gift voucher box for £3.50 at checkout. Delivery is approximately 3-5 working days.
Where to Stay
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We usually compare different unique locations, however for this particular experience, there is only one recommendation and that is the fabulous Briery Wood Country House Hotel itself.
- The Briery Wood Country House Hotel is a stylish option. The house itself is gorgeous, built from stone and one time finalist in the Best Small Hotel of the Year competition. It looks every inch the gentile country manor, ideal for an overnight stay after your high tea.
- The picturesque hotel is surrounded by spectacular landscapes, lakes, and fells.
- Briery has been awarded two AA Rosettes for Culinary Excellence.
- It’s a pet-friendly hotel with parking on site.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.