Situated in the heart of historic York, this is the perfect date experience for wine and cheese lovers who also appreciate the extrodinary history of the location. On this date night, you will enjoy 5 cheese and wine pairings ranging from light and delicate, to flavour filled and bold. No doubt by the end, you’ll be quite the cheese connoisseur.
You can choose whether you would like to sit outside in the Secret Garden, where you are situated amongst the ancient York walls, or get cosy in the Speakcheesey, with mood lighting and a unique decor.
What should I expect?
✓ A 5 Course cheese and wine tasting for two
How it Works
Once you have purchased your activity, we’ll send your E-Voucher and booking information directly to your inbox. Simply follow the instructions to book.
Don’t forget, you can book a night away with your date experience. Check out the ‘Book Accommodation’ tab to find out more. We do all the hard work to find you the best handpicked, nearby options for this particular experience.
- Bookings must be made with a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- This is available to book Tuesday 10-4, Thursday 10-5, Friday and Saturday 10-8.
- Exclusions may apply and all dates are subject to availability.
- Located in Gillygate York – walking distance from many public car parks, bus routes and 8 minutes’ walk from the station.
- Some cheeses are not vegetarian friendly, so if you are vegetarian then please let Love Cheese know. Vegan pizza is also available upon request
Enjoy a night away with your date experience… ♡
We do all the hard work in finding beautiful, highly rated hotels nearby to your experience.
We’ve narrowed it down to 3 for you. Simply click the links to view our selected recommendations.
Option 1 : Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
- A 3-minute walk away from Love Cheese.
- In the heart of York. Enjoy York’s culture and appreciate the views of York Minster which is directly opposite the hotel.
- You couldn’t be closer to all of York’s main bars, restaurants and attractions!
- Dean Court Hotel Restaurant has York Minster itself as a backdrop.
- 4AA Star Hotel, full of personality, character and charm.
- Parking available nearby to the hotel (rates apply).
Option 2 : Roomzzz Aparthotel York City
- A short taxi journey into the other side of the centre, where your experience starts, or around a 22-minute stroll.
- Riverside location, beautiful walks into the centre from the hotel.
- Aparthotel with full kitchenette.
- Choose between a range of stunning aparthotels with features such as rainfall showers, heated floors, balcony and river views.
- Complimentary ‘Grab & Go’ breakfast available, as well as on site gym and coffee shop.
- 16 minutes’ walk from York Station, 8 minutes’ walk to Cliffords Tower, 14 minutes’ walk to The Shambles.
- Limited parking available (rates apply).
Option 3 – The Masons Arms
- This is ideal for couples who are looking for great value for money accommodation, nearby to their experience.
- Traditional pub located just a 17-minute walk away from the start of your experience, in the centre of York.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.